This is a list of the latest cancellations on Cape due to the blizzard that caused a mess around the peninsula this week.
Send your storm-related information to firstname.lastname@example.org and check www.capecodtimes.com frequently for storm updates.
* Sandwich public schools will be closed Thursday.
* Falmouth public schools will be closed Thursday.
* With the exception of Centerville Elementary School (due to power outage), all Barnstable public schools will be open Thursday. Barnstable Intermediate School will reopen but will also serve as a shelter until 10 a.m. The police will be present to make sure all who use the shelter remain in the gymnasium, according to an announcement from the school district.
* Cape Cod Community College will reopen at 10 a.m. Thursday.
* Cape Cod Regional Technical High School in Harwich will be closed Thursday.
* Mashpee public schools will reopen, and classes also will be held Friday, which originally was scheduled as a professional development day and day off for students. The professional development day will be rescheduled to June. An absence Friday for a previously planned family trip or outing will be recorded but will not be held against the student, according to schools Superintendent Patricia DeBoer.
* Cape Cod Child Development on Pearl Street in Hyannis and its Falmouth preschool will be closed Thursday, along with any home-based child care providers still without power (clients should call their provider). Other locations are open, but the main phone lines are down.
* Cape Cod Academy in Osterville will be closed Thursday.
* Trinity Christian Academy of Cape Cod in Barnstable will be closed Thursday.
* The Barnstable Recreation Department has postponed registration for its Summer Leisure Program for students entering grades 1-8 until 8:30 a.m. March 20 at Hyannis Youth & Community Center.