(Feb. 13, 2018) There are seats on 10 Nantucket boards, committees and commissions, as well as the town moderator position, up for election on the April 10 Annual Town Election ballot.
Nomination papers have been available in town clerk Catherine Flanagan Stover’s office since last month.
Candidates have until 5 p.m. today to return them for certification with the signatures of at least 37 registered Nantucket voters to be included on the ballot.
Positions up for election this year, and the incumbents, are:
• Moderator: One seat, one-year term, Sarah Alger.
• Board of Selectmen: One seat, three-year term, Dawn Hill Holdgate.
• School Committee: Two seats, three-year terms, Jennifer Iller, Melissa Murphy.
• Historic District Commission: One seat, three-year term, Diane Coombs.
• Planning Board: One seat, five-year term, and one seat, to fill remaining two years of unexpired term, Linda Williams and Joe Marcklinger (resigned).
• Housing Authority: One seat, three-year term, Linda Williams.
• Land Bank Commission: One seat, five-year term, Allen Reinhard.
• Community Preservation Committee: Two seats, three-year terms, Tim Soverino, Maria Zodda.
• Harbor and Shellfish Advisory Board: Two seats, three-year terms, Kenneth Gullicksen, Andrew Lowell.
• Nantucket Water Commission: One seat, three-year term, Allen Reinhard.
• Siasconset Water Commission: One seat, three-year term, Robert Benchley.
For up-to-the-minute information on Nantucket’s breaking news, boat and plane cancellations, weather alerts, sports and entertainment news, deals and promotions at island businesses and more, Sign up for Inquirer and Mirror text alerts. Click Here.